- Spider-Man: Black costume from Secret Wars, sans the symbiote.
- Iron Man: Tony Stark designed this red and silver armor in Iron Man #200.
- Hulk: Grey Hulk from Peter David’s tenure on the series.
- Thor: Walt Simonson designed this new battle armor and let the Thunder God grow a beard.
- Captain America: Steve Rogers put on this costume and became a free agent for a while. Later on, US Agent wore this costume whenever a team needed a third-rate Captain America—like the current Mighty Avengers series.
Were these Marvel makeovers as bad as shoulder pads and mullets? I liked the Grey Hulk the best out of this lineup. Nuff Said!
Update: Comments from my old MT blog...